Today marks the end of Day 7 of my P90x2 Journey. What do I feel like, I feel amazing, I feel incredibly sore, I feel empowered, and I feel like I have had a rebirth! See I started my P90x journey in June of 2009 when I returned from a trip to Cancun 30 lbs heavier then my 70lb weight loss a couple years prior. Here I was AGAIN dealing with my weight, I had lost all this weight, felt incredible, thrown into parenthood after adopting our 2 little girls and the weight was creeping back up….Fast Forward 90 days, I was back down but had way less body fat and ACTUALLY had ABS. I had never had ABS in my entire life. Thank you Tony Horton and P90x. So I became a coach because I wanted to make sure I payed it forward. I wanted to make sure I have the support and guidance so important in all Beachbody programs. Fast Forward 2 + years later…I am in the same size, lost some muscle definition and gained some body fat..all due to going through the motions for 2 years…I had plateau’d but HECK I would rather that be the case then be in the same position as before, but I had reached a point where I WANTED MORE. I have seen my friends and fellow Beachbody Coaches, just continue to improve and impress, I wanted that for me! So I made 2 decisions. 1-Start P90x2 and 2-Do a 30 day Vegan Cleanse with Melissa Costello (Tony Horton’s personal Chef) that some of my friends had done last year. I had finally reached a mental point, totally similar to that day before starting p90x 2 years ago, like there is nothing stopping me in this one!! So I started the Cleanse on Monday, had a headache due to the detoxing from Coffee, but felt in control. Started my first day of P90x2 as well. Boy day 7 reflection is I DID IT RIGHT and THERE IS NO STOPPING ME.
HERE IS THE p90x2 SCHEDULE FOR WEEK ONE:
-RECOVERY AND MOBILITY (FOAM ROLLING)
–X2 TOTAL BODY
-X2 BALANCE AND POWER
-RECOVERY AND MOBILITY
I had to move Yoga to Day 6 and Double up day 6 and 7 on Day 7 since I had a Hockey Game on Yoga day. You can see my REVIEW here! If you are interested in BECOMING a coach or Want to be included in one of my Challenge Groups, please contact me: email@example.com
Before I weighed 205 pounds I was a typical high school athlete. I went to school full-time and played sports after school full-time. I felt like I could eat anything I wanted to because I was exercising. Since I grew up playing sports I never really dove into dressing up, putting on makeup, doing my hair. I would typically put on my sweatpants and sweatshirt, put my hair in a ponytail, and head out the door. I typically hung out with the boys and considered myself one of the boys. They accepted me because I could compete with them, which I felt comfortable with. So I went through my whole high school life as a tomboy and embraced that title.
In college during my freshman year I continued to play sports. I did the typical addition of the freshman 15. I ate what college kids ate, that included Top Ramen, peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, and my free Mexican food meal because I worked at a restaurant. I also continued to wear my sweatpants and my sweatshirt and carry out the day.
This pattern consistently continued until just recently. I lost 70 lbs on Weight Watchers eight years ago, and felt fantastic. The one thing that didn’t change was my self-confidence in how I presented myself. I continued to wear comfortable clothes and be comfortable because I didn’t know what self-confidence meant. I think that gaining the 35 pounds back that I did had self-confidence written all over it, in a bad way. I lost the weight but didn’t work on myself.
Fast forward five years, I found this support I needed to complete me. P90X gave me my body back, Teambeachbody gave me my confidence. The support I found from a Beachbody coach and the online Teambeachbody community I credit 100% to my self-confidence at the age of 38. I now feel like I should have felt when I lost the 70 pounds. I finally do my hair, do my makeup, and feel incredible in my clothes. After being married for 12 years, my husband can say that I am no longer married to a tomboy. I wish I would’ve learned self-confidence many years earlier but I am glad every day for the people that I have met in the Teambeachbody community. My goal is as a Beachbody coach to help others gain that self-confidence that I have. Because, we can work on our weight loss and our fitness, but if we don’t work on our self then we have failed ourselves.
Beachbody products we know work. You see many, many success stories with them. But Beachbody is not only for those that have done Beachbody workouts or have enjoyed Beachbody supplements, including Shakeology. Teambeachbody is about community andsupport. Being a coach has kept me accountable to myself and accountable to others so that I don’t see others fall into the same rut I did. For those who have traveled the same roller coaster I had I highly recommend becoming a Beachbodycoach and gaining control of your destiny. You not only keep yourself accountable to your fitness and health goals, but you become part of somebody else’s life and see them successful. Being a Beachbody coach enables you to dream big. It enables you to envision your life like you never have before. I believe wholeheartedly in this business because I have been given the tools to help millions. If I can dream big, so can my children. Knowing that my children see this at age 7 and 4 tells me that they can be even more successful, even earlier in their lives.
11 Tips to Boost Your Metabolism
by: Andrew Bicknell
Boosting ones metabolism is something many people try to achieve everyday. Having a high metabolic rate increases the amount of calories, or energy, the body burns on a daily basis. Without optimal metabolism the body will store excess calories as fat for future use. The problem for many people is they don’t ever use these excess calories and as a result struggle with weight issues.
There are many factors that affect a person’s metabolism including age, weight, hormonal changes, lean muscle mass, diet, genetics, stress and the amount of physical activity undertaken on a daily basis. As you can see boosting your metabolism involves many factors, but the fact of the matter is that it is relatively easy to boost your metabolism if you are committed to doing so.
Here are 11 tips to help you boost your metabolism:
1. Build lean body mass. As we age our bodies metabolism or ability to burn calories decreases. One way to offset this problem is by exercising. Lean muscle burns calories and the more you have the more calories you burn, even while resting. You can build muscle through resistance or weight training at least twice a week. You can also boost your metabolism by doing cardio exercises. You can choose to do this between or in conjunction with weight training. Simply going for a walk or using the stairs instead of the elevator are good ways to get in an aerobic workout.
2. Eat Breakfast. Many people ignore eating breakfast. What they don’t realize is that it’s the most important meal of the day. Breakfast gives your metabolism a boost and provides a consistent energy supply throughout the day. The majority of people who eat a healthy breakfast have fewer weight and health issues than those who don’t.
3. Sugar is bad. Processed and refined sugar such as found in sweets and soft drinks overload the body with sugar causing many serious health issues including obesity and diabetes. Complex carbohydrates are a better energy source because they supply an even level of blood sugar. The human body just isn’t built to deal with the large amounts of refined sugar most people include in their diet.
4. Spicy foods that make you sweat can help boost your metabolism.
5. Get a good night’s sleep. There is research that shows that people who do not get sufficient sleep tend to gain weight. This may be because the body uses sleep to heal and regenerate itself, including its muscular system.
6. Drink more water. Water is the lubricant of the body. It also flushes toxins out of the body and keeps the kidneys operating at maximum efficiency. This allows the liver more time to do what it does best, metabolize fat stores.
7. Eat small meals. Eat 5 to 6 small meals per day spaced 20 to 3 hours apart. This gives the body a steady supply of energy and prevents binge eating.
8. Don’t miss meals. Skipping meals in order to loose weight is counter productive because it actually slow metabolism and can lead to over eating.
9. Plan your meals. If you have a daily or weekly menu you are much more likely to stick to your plan.
10. Drink green tea. Green tea has been shown to boost metabolism and unlike coffee does not stress the body with caffeine.
11. Include more high energy foods in your diet including fruits, vegetables and whole grains. These provide a more balanced energy source and will not cause blood sugar spikes.
Boosting your metabolism can be done if you are dedicated to doing it. This does not mean you need to stress over each little thing but if you eat right and exercise you should see a decrease in body fat and a much more energetic and happy you.
For more tips to boost your metabolism and for more information about metabolism please click here.
To find other free health content see e-healtharticles.com
P90X2: Recovery + Mobility
Want to get a Preview of what P90x2 is all about?
Order from your Beachbody Coach (Me)
I lack motivation to workout.. HELP
I decided to start a P90x Challenge group in order to get people through the holidays and not feel horrible. What I found was that the excitement was there and that people were ready to make that leap, Or Were they???? I had 65 people commit to the challenge but what did I discover, I discovered that only a handful took that leap and WERE READY for it.
I feel that, in some ways, because of the large number of participants in the challenges, people have been slipping through the cracks… It’s been a little TOO EASY for people to go back to their old ways and go unnoticed… and as a coach, THAT KILLS ME! I want to see you guys CHANGE… not just physically, but I want to see your confidence levels rise, I want to see you start to believe in what is possible for yourself again… and I want to see you become STRONGER, inside & out!
SO, I have decided to run a NEW kind of challenge… This challenge group would only have 5 MEMBERS… They would ALL be doing the SAME WORKOUT PROGRAM and not JUST P90x STARTING ON THE SAME DAY… THEY WOULD ALL BE REPLACING ONE MEAL A DAY WITH SHAKEOLOGY (& yes, if you do not have Shakeology, that would mean you would have to be willing to invest in it… because if I am going to invest my time in working with you one on one… I need to know that you are willing to invest in your own health first!)
Because each member will have a different starting weight and goals, we will also be using the Beachbody Club membership to customize a meal plan specific to YOUR goals to get you the BEST possible results! Even better… By being a CLUB member you will actually SAVE 10% on ALL of your Beachbody purchases!!!
If you have not already, you will need to officially sign up to have me as your coach by going to:
https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free/30827/ and registering to join Team Beachbody!
and TOGETHER the 6 of us would BEGIN OUR 90 DAY JOURNEY. Checking in EVERYDAY, without exception!
I will be giving these 5 my cell phone number for anytime support and you BETTER BELIEVE I will be calling YOU if you don’t hear from you on the boards!
This IS a commitment… ON MY PART and YOURS… Hence why I said that the people selected would NEED TO BE READY to SERIOUSLY change their lives! But I do believe it could be something that will not only make me a better coach for having gone through it… but will leave 5 people COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED at the end!!!
If you would like to be considered and are willing to make ALL the commitments above, then… what are you waiting for?!?! Write me back, RIGHT NOW and tell me that you want in this group!!!
Make it COUNT!