via YouTube Capture
via YouTube Capture
It’s no surprise that most people decide on a New Year’s Resolution that revolves around weight loss. It’s due in large part because of the weight Americans tend to gain during the holiday season! The average American gains between 5-10 lbs from Thanksgiving to Christmas alone. That can and should be avoided since added weight gain has an impact on your health and will carry over into your family’s health as well! Here are 10 tips to integrate into your life to AVOID the holiday weight gain! Don’t wait until January 1st to make the commitment to better you! It’s almost Thanksgiving! Be thankful for a better, happier you and start NOW!
1. Drink a glass of water immediately after you wake up in the morning. BEFORE you eat or drink anything else!
2. Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces throughout the day. Water has countless benefits and is responsible for helping every part of your body work efficiently.
3. Cut sugars and fake sugars out of your diet unless they exist in the food naturally (fruit, vegetables, dairy, etc)
4. Do not eat any fast food! Take your lunch to work and, if you HAVE to eat out, choose a salad with grilled chicken and use balsamic vinegar and lime or lemon juice instead.
5. Make breakfast your biggest meal of the day. Enjoy a healthy lunch and eat a balanced, healthy dinner with protein and veggies. Avoid sugars and carbs later in the day when you likely will not burn them off.
6. Watch your portions! When you eat out and order a meal, put half of it into a to go container immediately. Eat the rest on your plate slowly and IF you’re still hungry after eating and waiting 10 minutes, eat some more. 90% of the time you won’t be AND you’ll save half of the calories!
7. Make these healthy substitutions during meals and while eating snacks.
8. Eat MORE vegetables! Eat them with every meal and increase the number of greens especially!
9. When eating fruits, try to stick to low glycemic or low sugar options. They will keep your blood sugar regulated and prevent you from increased hunger between meals.
10. STOP drinking soda. Diet or regular. Drink water and save yourself the calories and harmful effects of the fake sugar!