If you take a look at my home office cabinet you’ll see about 100 personal development books and probably 30 journals and 20 planners. All different. See, I have been running my health and fitness business for over six years and have always been seeking the perfect system. I am sure I am not alone.
- Take an old journal that still has about 10 to 20 pages left before you go out and buy one. You will want to know if using a lined notebook versus a graph paper notebook is for you.
- Some people choose to drawl on their’s. I like to doodle and draw so I chose to do such a thing on mine. There is nothing wrong with not drying on your bullet journal. You can follow the originators system by going to bulletjournal.com and simply following along that way.
- Test out a couple pens. My favorite so far are the Faber-Castell PITT artist pen and the Staedtler Color Pens
- Create an index page. Create a month page.
- Play with how you want your daily pages to look like, this is where it is personal. It does not have to look a certain way or take out a certain amount of space. You can literally put whatever you want on your days. I choose to keep a whole page to myself because I like to add my thoughts, what would be on Post-it notes, and my to do list.
Here is a practice page I did:
6. Play with categories in your practice journal. Originally, I thought I would keep a tally of certain things, so I created a category page for that thing. Turns out I won’t regularly use that, so I made a note to myself that I would not be creating category pages for that topic in my new fresh notebook.
Another Practice Page
7. Don’t worry about making mistakes you can always use white out or what I do is cross things out and turn it into a doodle.
8. You will find that you will have all of your ideas in one location, and be able to track your life in one spot so that you can always refer back to it in the future.
3 Day 10 Minute Journal Challenge
Completely Do-Able 3 Day 10 Minute Journal Challenge PDF
EVEN if you have no extra time on your hands
DON'T know how to journal