5 Body Beast Tips for Women
1. Plan your weekly meals
Protein for breakfast
Take your Suma I take it. you can order here
Contains no risky or untested ingredients, sugars, starches, synthetic materials, yeast, grains, or excipients. A powerful adaptogen that strengthens the body. Supports protein synthesis for faster muscle repair
1 capsule in the morning, 1 before bed
Post workout Shake: make sure you have a 3:1 ratio of protein to carbs.
Whey protein is the fastest absorbing
Here is the recipe for my Post – Workout Shake
1 cup Almond Milk
1 Tbs All-Natural Peanut Butter
1 scoop Beachbody Base Shake (unflavored whey protein)
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
4 cubes of ice
Lunch: veggies or salad with a protein
For busy working professionals (prep your chicken breasts on Sunday, bake with some Mrs Dash seasoning. Usually 4 days worth for freshness)
Other suggestions: Egg Salad or Fish
Snack: almonds (Trader Joes pre-packaged is the easiest) are budget-friendly take snack bags and count out 10-12 almonds and fill them up. (Parents have your little ones help you fill the bags)
2oz unprocessed lunch meat (Trader Joes, whole foods, sprouts)
Dinner Fish, Chicken, meat and Steamed Veggies
Clean Eating Meatloaf
2. Take your measurements : ie Body Fat, inches, and pictures.
Take them day 1, between each phase (after week 3)
-if you don’t I can guarantee you will regret it, you will be able to compare and see your progress. 90% of us think we have not experienced any results because we are “living” in our own bodies and cannot really feel it. Pictures and inches don’t lie.
-you may need to adjust your caloric intake going into the Bulk phase if your weight and body fat change. Recalculate your needs at this point
for body fat measurements: the most accurate way to measure is a dunk tank test which is typically hard to come by or is expensive, also something like the BodPod is an option (you can google local facilities that offer this service). Next most accurate way to measure is by using body fat calipers. There are multiple ways to do this (different methods) the drawback is that you have to do it exactly the same way and in the same location in order to get an accurate result. What I have been using recently is the Omron Body Fat tester. This is used in gyms by Trainers and is a pretty accurate. It’s affordable and you can find it on Amazon
3. Write down your weights/reps You have no idea if you are progressing unless you write it down and improve on those weights and reps. Here is an Excel version of what I use to write down my numbers.
4. Don’t compare yourself to others going to the same journey Use others results as a motivation but don’t compare yourself to them. We are our worst enemies when it comes to results. We look in the mirror and think that we look like someone we actually do not look like. We are all built differently and you should acknowledge that. This is why taking pictures and taking measurements are by far the most important piece of measuring your results.
5. And I am going to be the myth buster right here. I get questions all the time about women bulking up. It is impossible for you to BULK UP when you are a female. If you are afraid of looking like those large bodybuilding women, Be confident in knowing that you will not look like that. What you will find it is that you will typically lose weight and get leaner in the first phase. The second phase you will tend to feel a bit bloated and may possibly gain weight. The third phase you will be surprise us to call well you will look. Those women that look like a man typically take lots of supplements that are not natural and have been doing that for many years. Please don’t fret and I highly recommend doing this program.
If I have not covered some or any questions that you have, please don’t hesitate to email me at Coachannagray@gmail.com
11 Tips to Boost Your Metabolism
by: Andrew Bicknell
Boosting ones metabolism is something many people try to achieve everyday. Having a high metabolic rate increases the amount of calories, or energy, the body burns on a daily basis. Without optimal metabolism the body will store excess calories as fat for future use. The problem for many people is they don’t ever use these excess calories and as a result struggle with weight issues.
There are many factors that affect a person’s metabolism including age, weight, hormonal changes, lean muscle mass, diet, genetics, stress and the amount of physical activity undertaken on a daily basis. As you can see boosting your metabolism involves many factors, but the fact of the matter is that it is relatively easy to boost your metabolism if you are committed to doing so.
Here are 11 tips to help you boost your metabolism:
1. Build lean body mass. As we age our bodies metabolism or ability to burn calories decreases. One way to offset this problem is by exercising. Lean muscle burns calories and the more you have the more calories you burn, even while resting. You can build muscle through resistance or weight training at least twice a week. You can also boost your metabolism by doing cardio exercises. You can choose to do this between or in conjunction with weight training. Simply going for a walk or using the stairs instead of the elevator are good ways to get in an aerobic workout.
2. Eat Breakfast. Many people ignore eating breakfast. What they don’t realize is that it’s the most important meal of the day. Breakfast gives your metabolism a boost and provides a consistent energy supply throughout the day. The majority of people who eat a healthy breakfast have fewer weight and health issues than those who don’t.
3. Sugar is bad. Processed and refined sugar such as found in sweets and soft drinks overload the body with sugar causing many serious health issues including obesity and diabetes. Complex carbohydrates are a better energy source because they supply an even level of blood sugar. The human body just isn’t built to deal with the large amounts of refined sugar most people include in their diet.
4. Spicy foods that make you sweat can help boost your metabolism.
5. Get a good night’s sleep. There is research that shows that people who do not get sufficient sleep tend to gain weight. This may be because the body uses sleep to heal and regenerate itself, including its muscular system.
6. Drink more water. Water is the lubricant of the body. It also flushes toxins out of the body and keeps the kidneys operating at maximum efficiency. This allows the liver more time to do what it does best, metabolize fat stores.
7. Eat small meals. Eat 5 to 6 small meals per day spaced 20 to 3 hours apart. This gives the body a steady supply of energy and prevents binge eating.
8. Don’t miss meals. Skipping meals in order to loose weight is counter productive because it actually slow metabolism and can lead to over eating.
9. Plan your meals. If you have a daily or weekly menu you are much more likely to stick to your plan.
10. Drink green tea. Green tea has been shown to boost metabolism and unlike coffee does not stress the body with caffeine.
11. Include more high energy foods in your diet including fruits, vegetables and whole grains. These provide a more balanced energy source and will not cause blood sugar spikes.
Boosting your metabolism can be done if you are dedicated to doing it. This does not mean you need to stress over each little thing but if you eat right and exercise you should see a decrease in body fat and a much more energetic and happy you.
To find other free health content see e-healtharticles.com
Tips on how to plan your meals and effectively grocery shop.