Plyometrics Safety Tips | Hockey Off Ice Training | Dryland Training | Sports Conditioning
What are Plyometric Exercises?
……Pieces taken from Sports Medicine on About.com
Plyometric exercises are specialized, high intensity training techniques used to develop athletic power (strength and speed). Plyometric training involves high-intensity, explosive muscular contractions that invoke the stretch reflex (stretching the muscle before it contracts so that it contracts with greater force). Plyometrics exercises typically increase speed and strength and build power.
1. Plyometrics are recommended for well-conditioned athletes
2. You should start with a good base of lower leg strength prior to performing plyometrics
3. Warm up thoroughly before starting
4. Start slowly with small jumps and gradually build upLand softly to absorb shock
5. Allow plenty of rest between plyometric workouts
6. Stop immediately if you feel any pain in your joints
7. Pay attention to Injury Warning Signs
8. Use footwear with plenty of cushioning
9. Perform plyometrics on soft or cushioned surfaces only
Remember if you are looking for ideas for some great Plyometrics workouts, here are some great ones.
Today marks the end of Day 7 of my P90x2 Journey. What do I feel like, I feel amazing, I feel incredibly sore, I feel empowered, and I feel like I have had a rebirth! See I started my P90x journey in June of 2009 when I returned from a trip to Cancun 30 lbs heavier then my 70lb weight loss a couple years prior. Here I was AGAIN dealing with my weight, I had lost all this weight, felt incredible, thrown into parenthood after adopting our 2 little girls and the weight was creeping back up….Fast Forward 90 days, I was back down but had way less body fat and ACTUALLY had ABS. I had never had ABS in my entire life. Thank you Tony Horton and P90x. So I became a coach because I wanted to make sure I payed it forward. I wanted to make sure I have the support and guidance so important in all Beachbody programs. Fast Forward 2 + years later…I am in the same size, lost some muscle definition and gained some body fat..all due to going through the motions for 2 years…I had plateau’d but HECK I would rather that be the case then be in the same position as before, but I had reached a point where I WANTED MORE. I have seen my friends and fellow Beachbody Coaches, just continue to improve and impress, I wanted that for me! So I made 2 decisions. 1-Start P90x2 and 2-Do a 30 day Vegan Cleanse with Melissa Costello (Tony Horton’s personal Chef) that some of my friends had done last year. I had finally reached a mental point, totally similar to that day before starting p90x 2 years ago, like there is nothing stopping me in this one!! So I started the Cleanse on Monday, had a headache due to the detoxing from Coffee, but felt in control. Started my first day of P90x2 as well. Boy day 7 reflection is I DID IT RIGHT and THERE IS NO STOPPING ME.
-RECOVERY AND MOBILITY (FOAM ROLLING)
–X2 TOTAL BODY
-X2 BALANCE AND POWER
-RECOVERY AND MOBILITY
I had to move Yoga to Day 6 and Double up day 6 and 7 on Day 7 since I had a Hockey Game on Yoga day. You can see my REVIEW here! If you are interested in BECOMING a coach or Want to be included in one of my Challenge Groups, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do something you’re passionate about. And make money doing it. Become a Team Beachbody Coach. Inspire others to achieve their goals and enjoy a healthy, fulfilling life. It’s easy. We give you the sales tools, support, training—everything you need to get started. And succeed.
Financial Fitness Begins Here
- 25% off all products
- Part-time or full-time
- Be your own boss
- No commute
- Low start-up cost
- No inventory
- Set your own hours
- Potential tax benefits
- Your personalized Web sites
A Proven Success Formula
- A proven business system
- Sell sought-after national brands backed by over $100 million in advertising
- Targeted training and support
- Lucrative compensation plan—no limit on earning potential
- One of few fitness companies making a true difference in people’s health
We Set You Up for Success from Day 1
- Supportive upline team to guarantee success right out of the gate
- Comprehensive Business Starter Kit
- Easy-to-follow business system